Welcome, please introduce yourself!

Hello! My name is Sarah Garcia and I am located in Wisconsin.
I would like to learn about success stories for using Around the Table and Trauma Informed Principles of the School Garden.

A fascinating fact about me is that I love to sew! I use to make my children’s clothes before I went back to work full time. So, when I get the time, I make hand made toys for a local shelter. Love it!

2 Likes

Hello,

• My name is Jenay and I am located in Fresno, CA but was born and raised in Oakland, CA.

• I am interested in learning how people are encouraging teens to participate in their programs.

• Fun fact about me is that I do Lyra (aerial hoop) 5-10 feet off the ground but am really afraid of heights. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, my name Tee and I am from 29 Palms!

1 Like

Hello, my name is Sandra and I live in San Francisco.

I would love to learn more about how to implement trauma informed care in the workshops.

A fun fact about me is that I used to design hospitals in a previous life.

1 Like

Welcome Sandra! We are excited to have you on the PLC.

Hi my name is Ana, Im located in Tulare county!

Hello, this is Audrey Norman from Birmingham, AL. As manager of the pantry operated by my church’s community services center, I have been leading a slow implementation of NPP. Now that we are onboarding an AmeriCorps VISTA member the pace is accelerating!
Of particular interest would be ideas to deal with low walkability score (no side walks, steep slope to basement entrance, no elevator, not on bus route) and funding for capital improvements.
My dream retirement job was to work at a plant nursery where I could play in the dirt. Well, I play in the dirt in the raised gardens of the pantry.

3 Likes

Greetings from California, Audrey :wave:t4:! Be sure to post updates in the Nutrition Pantry Program category so we can keep up with your work :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello everyone! :smiley:
My name is Raquel Silva, and I am located in Bakersfield, CA.
I would like to learn more about PSE efforts and how I could implement the System Approaches in my community.

2 Likes
  • Betsy Hooker, Hendersonville, NC
  • How to support food pantries
  • Prior to nutrition work, I worked in theatre!
2 Likes

Hello! My name is Jackie Sugg. I am located in Greenville, North Carolina. I would like to learn more about the effects of trauma and adversity in communities. I have a horse who will be turning 30 years old this summer!

2 Likes

Caren Maloy from NCSU SNAP-Ed Steps to Health.
So enjoying the Leah’s Pantry Resources!

2 Likes

Hello, my name is Robert Fulbright originally from central Florida but am now located in Newton NC.
I would like to learn how to better serve our community through the Ashure Ministry Food Pantry.
I love watching odd shows.

2 Likes

My name is Kim Eshleman, and I work as the Faith Communities Liaison for the Steps to Health Team (NCSU SNAP-Ed) at NC State University. I am interested in learning more about resources available to meet the contextual needs of unique communities and adopting a trauma-informed lens in food security work. Not sure there is anything fascinating about me to share - mom of 3, full-time employee, and part-time graduate student - not much time for fascinating!

2 Likes
  • My name is Katy and I am located in Raleigh, North Carolina!
  • I am interested in learning more about NPP & ways that it can tie into my current work of Benefits Outreach (SNAP Application Assistance). Nutrition Education & SNAP are so closely connected, so it is cool to see the common themes.
  • A fact about me that most people don’t know is that I’m a HUGE Stephen King fan and am trying my best to read all of his novels.
2 Likes

Hi. My name is Jessica and I am located in North Carolina. I am interested in learning more about implementing NPP in campus food pantries. A fun fact about me is that I made an ice carving of Olaf from Frozen.

1 Like

Hi!
My name is Kailey Dyson and I am located in Hickory, North Carolina.
I am interested in learning more about a trauma-informed approach and the impact it has on food insecurity, specifically in our underserved populations.
I am a soon to be mom (three more weeks!)

2 Likes

Hello! My name is Sarah Arnold and I’m located in Mountain City, TN.
I’m so looking forward to learning new and great ways to work with our local food pantries and make a bigger impact in our community for healthy living and reducing the food desert in my county!
A fascinating fact about myself - I’m an author of 2 books and love writing!

2 Likes

Hello! My Name is Chantel and I am located in North Carolina. I am looking forward to connecting and learning more about combatting food insecurity in underserved rural communities.

2 Likes

I am Jamya and I am located in Brownsville, TN.
I am interested in learning how to share a variety of recipes with my audiences.
I have been my same height since middle school.

2 Likes